Monday, June 20, 2011

Espadrilles make a comeback!!

Holy Sonny Crockett, Espadrilles are making a big comeback!!! Normally a casual flat, for men and women but sometimes high heeled shoe (for women) originating from the Pyrenees. 


They usually have a canvas or cotton fabric upper and a flexible sole made of rope or rubber material moulded to look like rope. The jute rope sole is the defining characteristic of an espadrille.  


I actually owned a few pairs in the late 80's during the Miami Vice craze, I paired them with my padded shoulder white blazer and pastel colored t-shirts! LOL

Now the Espadrille Wedge is really the new trend in women's fashion. I hear they are unbelievably comfortable and versatile, that  is one reason they are so popular!



2 comments:

  1. Dear Manning
    I love reading your style suggestions. And hope you continue to develop this terrific blog.
    As I feel I am a better dresser because of you.
    Best,
    Io

    ReplyDelete